StolenYouth: Executive Assistant
Reporting to: President, StolenYouth
To apply for this position: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
About StolenYouth: Every day children as young as 11 years old are bought and sold for sex in our community. StolenYouth was founded by a group of Seattle area women who realized that it would take a community, working together, to stop the sexual exploitation of children and youth. The core of StolenYouth’s approach is an innovative coalition model comprised of highly effective, local organizations. With our grants, these organizations are saving lives by providing critical services, training hoteliers, businesses and law enforcement on victim-centered intervention, and educating key stakeholders on prevention.
Position Description: As an indispensable support to StolenYouth’s President, staff, and Board of Directors, the Executive Assistant (EA) plays an integral role in providing high-quality support to staff, Board, and partners, as well as ensuring exceptional service to StolenYouth’s stakeholders.
The EA must have strong communication and organization skills, and should be able to multitask accurately and effectively while consistently meeting deadlines. The EA demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, a desire to improve, and a positive can-do attitude in support of StolenYouth’s mission, leadership, team, colleagues, and stakeholders.
This position’s responsibilities demand both creativity and close attention to detail, especially relating to spelling and grammar; most critically, the EA should assume all documents and materials are ‘external facing’, and review and proofread work to ensure it is error free. This role requires the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize, work under pressure, communicate effectively, and manage time impeccably. A natural orientation toward problem-solving using online resources and database systems is critical.
- Organizational and Executive Support: Complete administrative and organizational duties as assigned to support StolenYouth’s President, Board of Directors, and staff members;
- Database Management & Research: Conduct data entry and maintenance; assist with file creation, management and upgrades as required; conduct research on a variety of topics and issues as requested;
- Scheduling: Ensure accurate calendaring of meetings, events, and other activities for the President and Board of Directors. In addition, the EA is responsible for the calendaring of board meetings, events, etc., including timely confirmations and reminders;
- Relationship management: The EA must offer high-level hospitality and support by phone, email, and in person to stakeholders;
- Meeting Coordination: The EA will coordinate the use of space both at StolenYouth’s office and elsewhere as required and ensure all spaces are orderly and ready for use, including reserving rooms and technology setup as needed; Provide support for meeting logistics (phone, video, and in-person), including occasional travel logistics and hospitality as needed;
- Material Preparation: The EA will research, create, and assemble materials as requested and required, including backgrounders for meetings, event kick-offs and support, presentations, etc.; print and assemble books;
- Board of Directors support: The EA may be asked to take minutes during monthly meetings and provide other support to board members and board meetings as requested;
- Event support: Provide logistical, organizational, and communications support for StolenYouth events; Represent StolenYouth at community events and presentations;
- Office Operations: Support the development, documentation, and regular updating of StolenYouth business operations procedures and guidelines; Manage overall daily office and IT operations, support;
- Team Support: Special projects and crunch time support to leadership, Board and team as needed; and
- Proactive Communication: Provide written and/or oral communications to the President, Board Members and StolenYouth team members you are working with on a project basis to keep them updated on the status of your work at all times.
- Passion for helping StolenYouth achieve its mission;
- Ability to establish a high-performance bar and seek feedback and input to ensure you are meeting it, or getting the support you need to get there;
- Ability to take a hands-on approach to work, proactively asking questions to gain clarity about tasks assigned in order to successfully complete the work;
- Capacity to move with urgency when prioritizing and completing tasks, keeping deadlines and deliverables front and center;
- Ability to maintain accuracy and timeliness, including expert proofreading and editing;
- Maintain respect for the confidentiality of our activities and stakeholders when required;
- Ability to provide a productive and inviting workplace by being friendly, proactive, approachable, flexible, professional, diligent, and detail-oriented.